This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
This post may contain affiliate links.
A lot of people think that aromatherapy is just a way to relax, when it is actually so much more than that. Diffusers can be used when you have respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, or to help with mental focus, and even when you feel a little queasy. In fact, the only reason not to use a diffuser is when you have a skin or muscle complaint—then applying essential oils diluted in a carrier is better.
Using an essential oil diffuser is the best way to get the most benefits from these aromas, and there are many different diffusers available that you can use. One that is attractive and functional is the SmartMist Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser.
This diffuser has a modern looking wood finish, and it is attractive enough to be placed in any room. It is small and lightweight, and isn’t going to take up a lot of space, but can still fill an entire room with the scents from your favorite essential oils, and help relieve many of your aches and pains. Read on to learn more about this essential oil diffuser and how it can help you.
If you want an essential oil diffuser that not only provides you with hours of fresh scents in your home but also has a modern, ornamental appearance, this may just be the diffuser for you. This diffuser has a sleek, wood grain design, and is trimmed with chrome accents, so it is going to look great just about anywhere. Some of the features include:
- Humidifier – This is more than just a diffuser. It is also a humidifier, and it is going to help keep the air in your home from becoming too dry. This can help to protect you and your family from dry nasal passages, especially in those cold winter months. You can choose from high, medium, or low output so if you already live in a humid environment, you can control the mist output.
- Fine Mist – The mist that is put out by this device is ultra-fine, but you would be surprised at just how substantial it is anyway. It will release all of the aromatic properties of the essential oils into the air, so you get their full benefits for pain relief, better sleep, better concentration and focus, headache relief, improved digestion, and much more.
- Quiet Operation – Some diffusers can be a bit on the noisy side, with a hum that can get quite annoying. This diffuser works silently to diffuse the essential oils into the air, and it only takes a few seconds for the room to fill up with the scents of your favorite essential oils. The manufacturer claims that this diffuser is “whisper quiet”, so it won’t even disturb you while you are sleeping.
- BPA-Free – This diffuser is made with BPA-free materials, something that is important to many of us. It is made by a cruelty-free company that never tests any products on animals.
- LED Light – This diffuser has an adjustable LED light with four different settings. This is a soft, blue light that is ideal to use as a night light. If you have trouble sleeping at night, these diffusers are great for bedrooms. Not only can you fill the room with sleep-inducing scents, you will also have a soft nightlight.
- Automatic Shut-Off – There is yet one more safety feature on this essential oil diffuser that we want to tell you about. The automatic shut-off feature ensures that even if you forget to shut off the diffuser, it is going to do it on its own.
See specs on the next tab.
Pros and Cons
Even though this essential oil diffuser does have many benefits and features, some customers have had complaints about the quality of the product. Before you make your final decision about whether or not this is the diffuser for you, take a look at the pros and cons.
- Mist Settings – There are three different mist settings, so you can adjust the amount of essential oil fragrance that is diffused. Between this, the adjustable LED light, and the quietness, you can create the ideal atmosphere for an aromatherapy session, and inhale the scents that are going to complement your health. This is one of the few budget minded diffusers with this option.
- Runs 4-8 hours – at high output it runs up to 4 hours, and on low output up to 8 hours
- Two Machines in One – We love that this is an essential oil diffuser and a humidifier. While the company claims it is also an air purifier, we can find nothing about it that would filter the air. The right essential oils, for example lemon, however can help with airborne bacteria and viruses so in that sense just by diffusing you can “clean” the air a bit.
- Not Working – Some users have reported that they were only able to use their diffusers for a short period of time before they stopped working. There are plenty of satisfied users however, and I feel like almost every small appliance these days has the occasional defective unit. This diffuser is available on Amazon, which has a good return policy.
- No Timer–Many diffusers now have a timer feature that allows you to set how long you want it to run before shutting itself off. The SmartMist lacks this feature.
This is a beautiful diffuser and would look lovely in most rooms. It has a faux wood grain finish and you have your choice of dark espresso or golden oak. The chrome accents are a nice touch. This is one of the few diffusers in this price range that offers an adjustable mist output. It lacks any timer features, but this can be solved by plugging it in to a programmable timer.
Overall, we are impressed with the SmartMist diffuser. It offers basic function in a stylish form.